The 5 Best Outdoor Toys for Boys
Getting your boys outdoor and enjoying outside is very important nowadays with the advent of computer and electronic games. Physical activity plays a huge role in the overall health of children.
According to WHO (World Health Organization) and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), your child should have at least 60 minutes or more aerobic activity each day.
The benefits of physical activity for children are:
1. Develop healthy bones, muscles and joints.
2. Develop healthy heart and lungs.
3. Improve coordination and movement control.
4. Maintain healthy body weight.
But sometimes, it can be hard to encourage children to do physical activities especially if they have been inactive for so long. That’s why we compiled the 5 best outdoor toys for boys so you can have ideas how to entice them to do so.
Here they are:
1. Bikes/Kid-Powered Rides – Biking is a fun outdoor activity that the whole family can enjoy. The thrill of going fast, getting fresh air and going beyond the front lawn are things incomparable to being in front of TV or using electronics. There are also kid-powered rides that boys also love.
Just make sure that your child has the proper safety gears to go along with it. These includes helmet, elbow and knee pads. You can install bike lights in the wheels also as added safety feature especially if your child will be riding at night.
2. Frisbees/Throwing Discs – The best thing about frisbees is that they can be used in different kind games. The most popular, of course, is the throw and catch game. Frisbees improve motor skills and burns the extra energy your kid have.
3. Basketball Set – This classic game is a sure-hit for boys. Start them young with the balls and let them learn good sportsmanship. Make sure to set up the ring in a wide area to have space for dribbling and avoid injuries.
4. Bow and Arrow Archery Set – Bow and arrow can help a kid hone their skills in precision, balance and control. The set features arrows with suction cups and a target practice board. Put the board on a stable wall and draw lines on the floor going further and further from the target. As they improve their aims, they are to step back further from the target.
5. Water Gun – This is perfect for backyards. Set up some fort and let the water battle begins!